Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Hero!

"Are you at the dentist? What did the dentist say?" I sent an SMS to the hubby. After about 10 minutes or so, my phone peeped.

"Wah! Took out already! 10 sec. Can't talk now." I would imagine the whole procedure to be rather frightening not to mention of extreme pain. If I were in the hubby's shoe, I doubt I would have the courage to let an Algerian dentist extract my wisdom tooth. I just don't think I would be in safe hands. My hubby is truly brave! He's my hero!

So after several hours, the hubby came home a mute. Once he stepped into the house, I bombarded him with numerous questions which all suggested one main concern I had - if it was safe to extract the wisdom tooth. I read on several websites that there could be some complications involved removing a wisdom tooth. The nerves could be damaged if not done properly.

Unable to speak, the hubby nodded his head and replied a weak 'Yes' and 'Ok' just to assure me that he was fine. He then took out his wisdom tooth all wrapped up in tissue paper. I know I run the risk of sounding like a bimbo but I have to say the wisdom tooth looked rather huge for a tooth. The first reaction was an "eeeekk!" followed by the must-take-pic reaction. So, here's a pic of the hubby's wisdom tooth.

Isn't it huge? Are all wisdom tooth about the same size?

Later that evening, the hubby made a confession over dinner. The hubby told me that his heart was actually palpitating wildly when the dentist was about to extract the tooth. I asked him why. He said he was afraid that it would be painful. When I heard that, I was laughing secretly inside my heart. "Heehee...u also scare of pain!", a voice sounded in my head. Then I told myself, "Never mind lah! You are still my hero!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My wisdom tooth looked difft. It had a small hook at the end!