Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Tree

Today is a happy day. My driver brought me to the mountain to chose a Christmas tree. I have been pestering the hubby to get me a real tree for weeks. I finally got one this afternoon.

It isn't the most good-looking tree but I chose it due to its manageable size. The ones which I initially wanted were all tall and huge. It would be a tedious task for my driver to unearth it and carry it to the car. And from where we were, it wasn't exactly near to the place where we parked the car.

My driver working hard to unearth the tree.

Mission accomplished.


The locals do not celebrate Christmas. There's no way we could get Christmas decorations for the tree. So I have to make them myself. Mostly, I used aluminium foil as the main material. I made a star out of a cardboard and wrapped it with aluminium foil. The star was placed on top of the tree. I also crushed the aluminium foil into balls and hung them on the tree. I intend to add a touch of gold to it. It's a little too boring with silver all over. So I'll be getting ferrero rochers and hanging them up on the tree. After Christmas, we could all enjoy the chocolates. I haven't bought the lights yet and will get my driver to buy them from town soon.
I was rather satisfied and happy with the progress I had made for the decorations this evening. I thought the tree looked lovely. But the hubby's colleagues obviously thought otherwise. While I was away, they sprinkled flour onto the tree to give the 'snow-on-branches' effect and drape serviettes all over it. They even added scraps of unwanted paper on it. How creative is that? I wasn't angry. In fact, I thought they were rather cute to come out with such an idea to 'surprise' me. I supposed men will always be boys somehow.
I haven't removed their masterpiece yet. I have decided to showcase their talent and creativity for a day more.

That's the boys' masterpiece. It doesn't look too bad from the pic eh.

No comments: