Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Eve of Eid al-Adha

My friends and goddaughter donated some stationery for the kids studying in the primary school near my place. So I decided to give them these lovely gifts on the eve of Eid al-Adha (Festival of Sacrifice). In Singapore, this day is also known as Hari Raya Haji. I thought it was a perfect day to celebrate the spirit of giving.

Besides the stationery, we also brought with us chocolates. The kids were so happy to receive the gifts. I could see the joy on their faces which made me even happier. Some of them even remembered to say 'thank you' - something which I had taught them when they received something from someone. I was really delighted. I felt like a teacher all over again while I was in the classroom. It is truly a blessing to give than to receive!

Posing for the camera while receiving the pen.

Doesn't she look sweet?

This little cheeky monkey is absolutely adorable and he's definitely good at posing for the camera.

No comments: