Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'm Innocent!!!

The mayor came and created an uproar. In the end, the donkey was pulled away to somewhere safe.

Apparently, some inhuman Chinese nationals bought a donkey and kept it at the back of the kitchen. They were planning to kill it and serve it to all of us as lunch/dinner. We, the Singaporeans, did not know anything about the donkey until the mayor came. Some Algerians (I suspect he/she must be one of the kitchen helpers) had obviously told him and hence, he came to rescue the poor donkey.

I was appalled when I learnt about the shocking news. I couldn't believe anyone could be so cruel to kill a donkey and eat it! And they were planning to feed us (Singaporeans) with it without letting us know what it was! Well, perhaps they could stomach a donkey but definitely not us! This is absolutely barbaric! What's more! The poor donkey was left in the torrential rain for several days before the sky finally decided to clear! How could they have the heart to mistreat a living breathing thing!

Now, I'm seriously going to scrutinise the food I eat, question what they are and where they come from. Or I can boycott the food from the common kitchen.

The Chinese nationals have definitely earned themselves a really really BAD reputation. HUGE. BIG TIME. They are infamous for eating dogs and now I guess, they could add donkeys to their menu too. And the bad thing is the Algerians think that we, the Singaporeans, are like them. I seriously wanna wear a huge sign board around my neck that says, "I'm innocent! I don't eat donkey!!!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

donkey killer!!

Anonymous said...

hi, Mrs Ong how are you ? Firstly , i had to apologise to you due the lack of time for not contact ( email ) with you .
OH YA . i'm kwee ann . ReMEMBER me ? . hahaha . anyway ... take care .

DONKEY MURDERER !

Jan said...

Hi Kwee Ann! Of course I remember you! Add me on Facebook? The 'O's are finally over! Enjoy your hols!!!