Saturday, March 13, 2010

I Like to Move It, Move It!

"...She likes to move it, move it. He likes to move it, move it. You like to MOVE IT!"

That would be a very apt song for my baby. This little fella is always moving or kicking or punching in my tummy. I first felt him move when he was exactly 18 weeks. It was past midnight and I was lying on the bed, trying hard to fall asleep. And it was then I felt that first momentous sensation of life. Some preggers have described fetal movements as flutters. For me, it felt like bubbles bursting in my tummy. It was an amazing feeling. And I felt so blessed to have the privilege to carry a new life inside me.

Since that night, my baby's movements have become more regular and obvious. I've also noticed a pattern in his movements. He moves when I eat. He moves when I'm in the middle of pilates class. He moves when I go to bed. He moves the moment I wake up in the morning. So you can see he is such an active little fella! And I haven't even taken into account other erratic moments when he just feels like moving.

My gynae has assured me that an active baby is a healthy baby. He once told me during one of my routine checks. "Good! Move more! Good!". Well, I guess it's true. As long as my baby JJ is healthy, I'm happy.

No comments: