Thursday, April 3, 2008

Junk Food

JUNKIE QUEEN. That's what Swee calls me. She knows how much I love junk food. Back in school, she was my supplier for junk food. She had this tupperware filled with junk food at her work station. After a tiring day of teaching/scolding/nagging, I would walk over to her desk, reached out for that plastic box and started munching away. I like that part of the day. Me, Swee, junk food and our full of rubbish conversation.

I have finished all the junk food which I brought from SIN. I desperately need to get some. But the junk food here doesn't look delectable at all. Often, the packaging is coated with a layer of dust! If you look hard enough at the details printed on the packaging, you may find that the expiry date is long due.

This morning, 2 of Darling's colleagues from SIN arrived from Algiers. I was extremely happy cos one of them brought Pringles potato chips for me from SIN! Finally, I have chips to munch on. My eyes were fixated on the green and red cans when they were placed on the dining table. I wanted to quickly bring them into my room and hide them! I didn't want to share them with anyone, not even the adorable kids. (Hmmm...on second thoughts, maybe Darling can have a few pieces!). In Algeria, these are rare commodity. You may never find it here except in Algiers airport. But they cost about S$7 per can. It's daylight robbery! So, you can't blame me for being selfish. Now, the chips are placed right in front of me in my room. Awww...I am a happy woman! =)

WOOHOO! I love Junk Food!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i will eat them when "MuaMua" is sleeping. By the way, i call "MuaMua"-implies kisses....

she peeping and popping her head at my screen..."what u write"..i said nothing...hehehehe

Anonymous said...

aiyah.. the dust adds flavor to the chips ley