Saturday, April 5, 2008

Friday Afternoon

We went to Tlemcen yesterday and it was a big mistake. Almost all the shops were closed. We couldn't find a restaurant to have our lunch. We then learnt from the local peeps that the shops opened in the morning, closed at 12 noon and would only resume business at about 5 in the evening. I have been to Tlemcen twice but never on a Friday. Lesson learnt - Never go to Tlemcen on a Friday afternoon.

So, after an hour on the road and 30 min of futile search for restaurant, we decided to go Hotel Les Zianides for lunch. Les Zianides is the best hotel in Tlemcen. I have been there once to use the loo and I swear I would never want to go there again unless I REALLY have to! Anyway, our driver had gone to the mosque and we had to make our way to the hotel ourselves. We asked a few peeps along the way in our pathetic French where the hotel was and eventually a kind couple volunteered to lead the way. On the way to the hotel, we were harassed by a group of teeanagers. They shouted at us, blocked our way and one of them even waved a swiss knife at us and did the 'slit the throat' gesture. We kept our cool and carried on walking. In times like this, you just have to walk away calmly.

Our lunch at Les Zianides was a disappointment. No doubt the interior design of the restaurant looks good, the food is below expectations. I ordered mixed grill and something caught my attention - sheep's balls! I immediately thought of Fear Factor and dared myself to try it. I did and ......no comments! Darling tried it too and he said it was actually quite nice! EEEwwwww!!!


Restaurant @ Hotel Les Zianides


Grilled sheep's ball. Anyone?!

After lunch, we headed back to Ghazaouet. About 5km before reaching Ghazaouet, we stopped by the road side to buy some lovely flowers for my garden. I bought 4 types of flowers (one of them is carnation. The others, I dunno. Ha!) and a leafy plant. Very happy! At least, my Friday afternoon ended on a pretty note.
P/S: WIDS!!! If you are reading this, I have planted something for you and named it VAINPOT!


This is where I bought my flowers, orange tree and lemon tree.


Leafy Plant


Carnation


Purple Flower

Red Flower


Presenting to you VAINPOT! My fav!

No comments: