Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Mourning in Madrid

So the hubby and I arrived at the Ganivet Hotel without our luggage. While we were waiting to check into our room, we informed the hotel staff at the front desk that the airport staff would send our luggage to the hotel if it was found. To be honest, we weren't quite confident that we would ever going to get it back.

The hubby and I took a breather, freshened up and got ready for some shopping in Sol. We needed to buy some clothings and toiletries. I wasn't excited about the shopping at all. I didn't have the adrenaline rush when I saw pretty clothes on display in the windows. Usually, I would drag the hubby into the store and scout desparately for the prettiest clothes on the racks. H&M! Zara! Mango! Bershka! Topshop! Massimo Dutti! Nothing entice me anymore. Shopping no longer made me happy. It was more like a chore than a pleasure. All I wanted was to have my luggage back.

By dinner time, I was ready to call it quits for the day. I just wanted to return to the hotel and continue mourning over my lost luggage. So after dinner at KFC, we headed back to our hotel. And yes, it isn't a typing error. KFC. We went all the way to Madrid to have Kentucky Fried Chicken. And it wasn't that finger licking good. Such a disappoinment. I think KFC back home still taste the best.

We returned to the hotel and the first thing we did was to inquire about our luggage. "Nothing from the airport", the hotel staff shook his head while he broke the cruel news. My heart sank. The sweet hubby held my hands and comforted me. "Tomorrow. We'll get our luggage tomorrow", said the hubby. Sigh. I could only wish it would be tomorrow.

No comments: