Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Lost & Found

Peppy went galavanting on the beach one day and did not return home. I was worried sick. That night, the hubby and I drove around the vicinity, armed with a torchlight, in search of our missing dog. She was nowhere in sight.

I couldn't sleep. I kept bugging the hubby with the same question: "Will Peppy come home?". In his attempt to comfort me, the hubby said she would.

The next morning, I woke up hoping to see Peppy lying at the basketball court like she always did. But all I saw was an empty court.

The hubby and I figured that Peppy would not have lost her way. She always made her way home after she got tired of roaming about outside. The only possible reason could be that she was caught by the Chinese construction workers who were dog-meat lovers.

So after 48 hours of futile search and what seemed like a long agonizing wait, we decided to look for her at the Chinese workers living quarter. And that was where we found Peppy chained together with another puppy.

I was relieved and extremely happy to see Peppy. She would probably end up on the dining table as a hot steamy plate of meat if we didn't manage to find her. Phew! Lucky us!

Peppy chewing happily on a huge piece of beef rib.

No comments: