Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Florence

Florence is an essential stop on everyone's itinerary. It is a charismatic city with nary a skyscraper in sight. The city has the world's greatest collection of Italian Renaissance art and is also home to the great Micheangelo. Although Florence is pretty much surrendered to tourism, it retains its old charm such that one would be sorry to miss it. Its beauty will linger in your memory long after you left.

Florence's Gothic Duomo.
The majestic red, green and white marbled architecture is one of the world's largest cathedral.

The enormous octagonal cupola of the cathedral. I never get sick of looking at frescoes. Again, I was in awe while admiring such wondrous work.

This picture of the Arno River is one of my favourite.
I could sit all day long at the river enjoying the serenity.

David, the famous scuplture done by Micheangelo at Piazzale Micheangelo.

Breathtaking view of the city from Piazzale Micheangelo.

Another awesome view of the city from Piazzale Micheangelo. Here you can see the Duomo and the tower at Piazza Della Signoria.

I love this romantic park lined with botak trees. How I wish we had one back home.

No comments: