Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Welcome Xi Meng!


Little Xi Meng. Photos taken during our trip to Arzew.


I have a new student in my EL class today - Zhang Xi Meng, aged 4. Xi Meng's dad is the project manager for the sub-con. She travelled all the way from China with her mum so that she could visit her dad. Xi Meng speaks in this heavily accented Mandarin which I sometimes do not understand.

Xi Meng is named after her parent's birth place. Her dad was born in Shan (3) Xi (1) and her mum in Nei (4) Meng (2). So, voila! You have Xi Meng! I thought that was really meaningful and romantic. So I thought what my child's name would be if I would to do the same. The results? A very awful name! Wang (2) Ni (2)Yao (2)! I think my kid would hate me for the rest of his/her life if I were to name him/her that. Hmm...very romantic indeed. Ha!

P/S: Darling was born in Tampines and I was born in Toa Payoh.

No comments: