Monday, November 22, 2010

Javier's First Haircut

After 5 months and 1 week, I finally agreed to shave away JJ's hair. According to the Chinese tradition, we have to shave away baby's hair on the day he turns one month old. I didn't as I couldn't bear to let go of his au naturel spiky hair. But soon after JJ turned 4 months old, his hair started to fall. The hubby and I could see visible thinning of hair at his sides. So yesterday, we brought him to United Square and had his first haircut at the Junior League Hair Services.

JJ was very well behaved except towards the end when he started to fuss. I guess he didn't like having hair on his face and he couldn't turn his head as and when he liked. But overall, he was cooperative. Good job, JJ!

Anyway, the hubby and I took a good look at our son after the haircut. We couldn't stop laughing. He looked just like a shaolin monk! The hubby kept commenting how cute his son was. Well, that is how much the hubby loves his son. For me, I couldn't get used to having a monk as my son. I looked JJ in the eyes and asked him several times, "Are you my son?"

What a cute little monk!

1 comment:

Ben, Xueli & Nathan Poh said...

Aiyo... he is so cute!! With the bib he really looks like a little monk!