Sunday, August 2, 2009

Cesky Krumlov

Cesky Krumlov is breathtakingly stunning. Some said it's like a pocket-sized Prague. But I have to add that its beauty surpasses that of Prague. This quaint little town has a fairy tale feel. The story of Hansel and Gretel immediately came to my mind when I stood in awe as the picturesque scenery unfolded before me. I was completely enthralled by the lovely cottage-like houses and even imagined myself living in a gingerbread and candy cottage. It was so surreal.

Isn't this quaint little town awesome?
The Vltava River (top left pic) and one of the many riverside cafes and restaurants (top right pic). If you are game for some action, rent a canoe/raft and cruise down the meandering river (bottom left pic). The last pic on the bottom right corner shows a house which is on sale and I am still wondering how much it costs.

Cesky Krumlov Castle and the Castle Tower.

Courtyard of Cesky Krumlov Castle. It's a pity photography is not allowed during the tour of the castle. The rooms are opulent and impressive.

Look how lovely these houses are.

1 comment:

Wids said...

It is so pretty!