Friday, September 26, 2008

Vroom! Vroom!

Not yet! Although I imagined myself speeding on a highway.

I had my first driving lesson this afternoon. My driving instructor is none other than my ever patient hubby. I learnt how to change gears, control the clutch, the accelerator and the brake. The engine stalled a couple of times and twice, the wheels were 'stuck' in the sand. The hubby had to take over the wheels and help me out. Other than that, I was an expert moving like a snail at an average speed of 20km per hour on 2nd gear. I so very much wanted to step harder on the accelerator but the hubby instructed, 'Don't accelerate! Don't accelerate! Step on the brake!'

I did a couple of rounds along the beach and eventually drove back home. I would say I did pretty well as a first timer! Yay!

Changing gears.

Making a turn.

Cruising along the beach like a snail.

The 4x4 pickup which I drove.

No comments: