Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Back in Algeria

I'm back in Algeria. Arrived in Algiers yesterday afternoon and was extremely tired after 18 hours of flight. I wanted to quickly head to bed but refrained myself in case I counldn't sleep at night. So, I endured and fought to keep myself awake. Eventually, I threw in the white towel at about 8pm.

I woke up this morning at 6am after 10 hours of sleep. The first thought that came flooding my mind - I wanna go home! I'm missing home already. I miss Glenn's usual screaming and crying in the morning and the occasional singing of his version of national anthem. I miss sleeping beside my princess Gwendolyn and be a victim of her kung fu kicks in the middle of the night. I miss home. Period.

One more day in Algiers office before we fly off to Tlemcen tomorrow morning. I'm not excited at all. But on second thoughts, I do want to see my driver, his family, his new born baby boy and all the kids in the village. I'm sure they would be delighted to see me and of course the gifts I have brought for them. So, here's a note to myself - You better get used to life in ulu land again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan and Joey,
U guys take care, ya. Show us more pics of your adventures in Ulu Land.

Miss you all already.

♥ Cecilyeo said...

Hey Mrs Ong,
Alot of us miss you already :(
Btw, link me up!
http://cec-ilyxo.livejournal.com
Take loads of care over at there !

Loves, Cecil :DDDD